Apr 8, 2011

Clueless


Technically, I was only 2 years old when this was came out at the cinemas, So don’t blame if I’ve just seen this epic movie this morning. They were comparing it to Mean Girls and Easy A and those two rocked so I figured, why the hell not.
I loved this. Albeit, slow paced and predictable I still really enjoyed it. And holy mother effing shit, like seriously, I was all ‘GOD. WHY IS ALICIA SILVERSTONE SO GORGEOUS? WHY?’ Cheesus. And I was totally fangirling over her all the damn time. 
And I think that’s the best part of it all. LMAO

Cast: Alicia Silverstone (Batman & Robin), Stacey Dash (A View from the Top), Brittany Murphy (8 Mile), Twink Caplan (Loser), Donald Faison (TV's Scrubs), Breckin Meyers (Can't Hardly Wait), Dan Hedaya (Swimfan)

Plot: Meet Cher (Silverstone), she's a beautiful, wealthy and popular Beverly Hills teens. She's normal and does shopping every day. We visit a short time in her life as she tries to find romance for 2 teachers, gets robbed and sexually assaulted by a popular jock, realizes she's in love... but with who, has a crush on a new male classmate who turns out to be gay and look cute to go shopping with her best friend Deon (Dash) as well as transform the "new girl" Tye (Murphy) in a popular kid!

Review: I must admit I thought "Clueless' was going to be a dumb witted teen comedy that had no laughs and would probably be just plain boring- that is until I saw it. This film (released in 1995) had me laughing really hard and is a pleasure to watch. Everyone has seen "Clueless" and the critics enjoyed it because it was a laugh a minute comedy. Silverstone brings the character of Cher to life and uses her brains and smarts to really capture the audience. Her comedic performance was also wonderful and showed she would have a bright career. The supporting performances were hilarious also. The film combined real teen issues from sex, to first time drivers and added a little humor to lighten the situation. Many of the jokes used in the film can sometimes be offensive but in all fun its a movie that doesnt really intend to offend anyone. The film also however shows breakout performances by some of Hollywood's hot young faces before they made it big including Murphy and Faison.



movie review by Jesse

2 comments:

  1. I just love this film. It was really funny and witty and Alicia Silverstone is so hot.

    Good review! Keep writing Jesse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. clueless the old-fasshion MEAN GIRLS movie.

    ReplyDelete